Ocean Paws Senior Puppy Program
Our Senior Puppy Program is designed for puppies between the ages of 17-24 weeks and consists of five practical lessons and one theory lesson.
This program focuses on using positive reward based training methods along with the way dogs learn, to create a fun interactive learning environment for both yourself and your pup, so that you are well equipped to have a happy, rewarding wonderful life together.
In addition the Senior Puppy Program aims to instil good puppy manners such as sitting calmly for guests, stay for a short duration, the beginnings of loose lead walking and the very important recall – coming back to you when called.
We also cover basic behaviours such as sit, lay down, gentle handling and restraint, training your pup to settle on their mats, collar touches and a number of fun exercises such as target training and recall games.
Our Senior Puppy Program also covers a range of educational topics that are essential for your pups well being and provides you as their guardians, with the tools to successfully guide your pup through their lives. These are:
- Positive reinforcement and the importance of this in training
- Learning theory – being all about the way our dogs learn
- Understanding and managing normal behaviour for this age group
- The importance of enrichment
- Generalising behaviours – Why our dogs struggle with this
- Body language and how to recognise stress in our dogs
- Toilet training
- Nipping and biting
- Appropriate play
- The importance of positive safe, socialisation for your pups
At Ocean Paws Dog Training we understand that pups attending our programs are quite often at different stages of learning, and therefore we aim to tailor each program to meet our individual client’s needs. So if there is something specific that you would like to cover during this program, please be sure to let us know.
Costs $160.00 – 6 week program